Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The state of our household, part 2


Well, I didn't mean to make this a two-parter but apparently we need an update.  See that utterly defeated boy right there?  Well, he's sick.  And miserable.  Has been for 4 days.  Poor little Jack has a recurring fever, cold, and a terrible hacking cough that keeps him up all night.  I guess if there's an upside, it's that John and I are getting used to getting up every 90 minutes.  Fun times!  I am just hoping that he's 100% healthy by the time we introduce a newborn with zero immunity to the household.  These toddlers seem to get sick every two months or so so I know the healthy phase won't last long, but hopefully we hit a good window.

Jack sort of looks like I feel in that picture.  In case I haven't mentioned it, MAN, this pregnancy is so much harder than my first.  I can only think it's because I'm older and more out of shape.  But at the end of my first pregnancy, I was still pretty active and not that uncomfortable.  When I was overdue with Jack, I walked 5 miles a day around the local high school track because the doctor said that walking might help me go into labor (it didn't).  But right now, with a few days left until my due date, I don't even think I could walk a mile.  Maybe really slowly.  I am having some pelvic pain which is apparently due to your pelvic bones and area getting soft and ready to shift shape.  That's all well and good for giving birth, but not so much for moving around.  The website I was reading suggested that pelvic pain may be brought on by prolonged sitting, laying down, or walking.  Oh, okay.  Thanks.  I'll just avoid all those things.  

But, I guess all in all I'm good.  Still at the park with Jack (when he was healthy), still sitting in music class and dancing around (though it's not pretty).  Hopefully this baby will come and introduce himself before too long!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment