Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I'll Miss About Being Pregnant

As crazy as it seems, there are definitely things I'll miss about being pregnant. Granted, my pregnancy seems like it was fairly easy, compared to some. But there are some great things that happened that I'll miss.

1. Thick, long, luxurious hair. Sure, it would have looked a bit more luxurious if I have actually blown dry and brushed my hair every morning. But still... my ponytail looked better than it ever has.

2. Long, fast-growing fingernails. Haven't had those in a long time. Well, maybe I've never had those.

3. No colds, cough, or flu. Now, I don't know why this is. I suspect it's because prenatal vitamins are serious business and packed with billions of milligrams of goodies. But I usually get a cold or two or ten at work and I didn't get a single sniffle.

4. Feeling the little guy inside me. It is such a bizarre, yet amazing feeling. I've gotten to the point where it's just comfy and familiar, rather than something to take notice of.

5. Having an excuse to eat desserts, real eggs rather than egg whites, cheese on everything, and real sugar rather than sugar substitutes.

6. Imagining (and idealizing) our son's life. Sure, he'll be great in person, but while pregnant, you can imagine all of these possibilities and idealize how it'll be. Like 9 hours of sleep a night with a newborn and no temper tantrums...ever.

7. Having an excuse to cut out early of parties and go to bed early. Truthfully, I've never been a night owl but, being pregnant, I finally had an excuse to hit the sack at a ridiculously early hour.

8. My skin has never been clearer. No acne, no blemishes for nine months. Pretty awesome.

9. Elastic band pants.

10. And finally, the most amazing, miraculous part of pregnancy... I am never cold!! Pre-pregnancy I was constantly cold. In 70 degree weather, sitting in an office, anywhere and everywhere. I'd had to have a scarf and a sweater with me. At my desk at work? A portable heater that I used all year long. Yet pregnancy hits and Bam! I am warm. Constantly warm. But like a normal warm. I can wear t-shirts all the time. It's so awesome! I am actually hoping this trend continues post-partum but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment