Saturday, September 17, 2011

Today Jack is...30 weeks old.



That picture is one of my favorites. It's a little blurry because the little guy couldn't contain his excitement as 12 other little kids ran around wreaking havoc. We were at a mommy and me class that was all ages (up to 4 years old) so there were a lot of crazy 2 year olds running around and Jack really couldn't believe his eyes. The nametag is so adorable. Except about 2 minutes after I took this picture he ate it. Then threw up everywhere. Good times.

This week I feel like I have an embarrassing amount of photos. I think because two grandmas were here and of course that means lots of fun. We went to Griffith Park and it was a lot more fun that Jack makes it look in this photo.



I think the sun was in his eyes. But we sat in the grass and he practiced sitting.



Though I shouldn't say practiced because he's now an expert. I could say he practiced standing.





He is so delighted with himself when he stands up. It's one of his favorite things ever. And he's constantly trying to let go of my hand like "mom, i can do this myself!" Of course, I do let go and he falls over. Let that be a lesson to him that he always needs mommy.

We also made a stop at the mall because he loves the fountain and all the flowers.







This weekend he tried a few finger foods. He still loves his Mum Mums and this week he tried a green pepper and some broccoli. Both with some degree of success.





He's still only got two bottom teeth but I think a third must be on the way, what with all the drooling and a little bit of fussiness. But the main development this week his standing and stepping. He has gotten so good at it. When he's laying down, he'll strain to sit up. So if you offer your hands, he'll grab them, pull up to a sitting position, then use his leg strength to stand. I hold on to him the whole time obviously but I don't pull him up. And now once he's standing, he likes to take steps to wherever he wants to go. Towards me, towards a toy, towards a table with books. It really is quite amazing. This video doesn't showcase his genius that much (can't believe I'm one of THOSE moms) but it's pretty cute.



And now, more pics from the week!


marveling at the tall trees


mmmm! winter squash is so good!


i call this pic "pole dancer"








jack in his favorite environment ever, our backyard.


enjoying his grandmas




he loves the swing!


2 comments:

  1. We had so much fun. Thanks for all the photos.
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos! How lucky to have both grandmas at once.

    N has a lot of pictures of me feeding W with my mouth open too. I just can't help modeling it for him.

    ReplyDelete