Tuesday, December 6, 2011

$3 Glasses


Jack has gotten in this awful habit of grabbing our glasses off of our faces. Well, maybe not "awful" habit since it's kind of cute. But he has a tendency to grab them and then bend them all the wrong ways. This is more a problem for John since he wears glasses all the time. Anyways, while we don't want Jack destroying our glasses, he is so happy playing with them and it distracts him while I change his diaper, put on socks, etc.

So I came up with the only solution I could think of. I headed to the local Goodwill store and found the one pair of glasses that somewhat resembled John's glasses. I plunked down $3 and brought them home and, guess what? Jack loves them. For once, I've outsmarted him. For now.

2 comments:

  1. Very smart! (And somewhere in LA is a hipster who will have to continue their search for the perfect frames.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i still use this trick on the daycare changing table. i don't even care if my nice sunglasses get bent out of shape. it's worth it for a little serenity. i should've bought decoys long ago, but i'm too late to that party since v's not really falling for decoy items anymore.

    ReplyDelete