Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Boys Weekend and Girls Weekend


This past weekend I headed to Palm Springs for a lovely girls weekend in honor of my friend Leigh who is getting married. I was out of town for three days and two nights...the longest I've ever been gone from Jack. My awesome husband stepped up to the plate and was happy to watch the little guy all weekend. The one caveat was that he had to send me pictures and videos while I was gone so I could manage missing him so much.

So while I was heading to the pool,


John and Jack were playing outside with the broom and the plants.



In fact, it seems like they played so hard that Jackie crashed pretty hard.


Of course, while the boys were in rainy LA, we were in some crazy hotel lobby waiting for a late night dinner seating.


The next day the boys were up early and sent me a pic of their rainy morning wakeup.


I think the rain put a slight damper on Jack's mood. As usual, he was dying to go outside. Daddy distracted him with the jumperoo though.


Once the rain finally let up, his daddy let him go outside and play in the mud. At least he had the good sense to dress him warmly.




The boys even went on a walk. Our little boy is pretty darn cute.


Also cute? My girls! It was so fun to catch up with my friends and have a break from mommyhood.




I wish I could say I got a solid 9 hours of sleep a night but that didn't happen. My eyes popped open at 6:30 each morning. Man, I have to say that Sunday morning I was very ready to see my boys. I drove through driving rain and hail to make it home. The smile Jack gave me when he saw me walk into the room was pretty amazing. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to get away but it's always nice to come home!!
    I love your hair up in that pic of you out for dinner :) Pretty!

    ReplyDelete