Friday, July 23, 2010

Today I am...11 weeks pregnant.

A fairly quiet week in our household. I am getting less and less nausea in the morning and night which is great. As I’ve had a pretty easy first trimester, I didn’t have any trepidation about heading out to a concert this week. We went to the Hollywood Bowl to see The Swell Season (the male and female duo from the movie “Once”). It was really a fantastic show and, even though the lil’ guy/gal doesn’t have ears yet to hear the music, I’m sure he would have enjoyed it.



Here’s what’s happening this week:


How far along: 11 weeks


Baby Development: The little one is about 1.5 inches (man that is tiny) or about the size of a fig. Even though that seems small, he now has non-webbed fingers and toes. Oh, and he’s officially a fetus. Though, I’m not sure what he was before now then.


Baby Movement: Nope. As if I could feel a 1.5 inch thing behind all this padding.


Water Intake: Hot summer weeks and iced water? No problem. Gimme a glass with ice and a straw at my desk and I can take water down.


Best Moment of the Week: Enjoying the concert at the Hollywood Bowl. It really is one of the best venues ever.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Down Syndrome and the screening we have coming up.


Symptoms: Well, my bra is tight…super tight. Maybe time to buy one of those bra extenders. Nausea is lessening I think. But I could be delirious. Can’t believe I haven’t vomited!


Sleep Quality: So far so good.


Food Cravings: Koo Koo Roo’s Mac n’ Cheese….again, not something that’s on the nutrition lists but….


What I miss: Brie and feta cheese. You wouldn’t know it but those cheeses are in everything!


What I’m Looking Forward to: The nuchal scan and getting to see our little one in a fancy ultrasound.


Trying to get done before baby: Not sure I have a specific to do list. It seems so far away!


John's POV: "We're still not telling anyone about the pregnancy. For the Bowl, we spun an elaborate tale of Lisa partying down the night before and being super hung over to avoid people asking questions about why she isn't having wine with her pasteurized cheese. It's probably narcissistic to think anyone would take the time to analyze her passing over Brie and drinking only bottled water. But we won't be the last pregnant couple who go to silly lengths to maintain their identity as childless and fun. Besides, I can still drink cheap wine at the Bowl."

No comments:

Post a Comment