Friday, August 6, 2010

Today I am...13 weeks pregnant.

This week we got great news that two more of our friends are pregnant, Liz and Cara. Liz is due about the same time and Cara a few months later. So exciting! It’s so nice and helpful to be able to talk about pregnancy symptoms, worries, excitement, with other pregnant women. So happy for them!

Apparently this is the start of my second trimester…or week 14. There are disagreements but I’m going to go with this week. Which is great because I’ve felt less and less nauseous every day. I am really looking forward to this “honeymoon” trimester. Though I have to say, I’ve been pretty damn lucky because the first trimester was easy compared to most. To not vomit a single time? Amazing.


Here are the stats for this week:


How far along: 13 weeks


Baby Development: The little bugger is the size of a jumbo shrimp, or about 3 inches long.


Baby Movement: None. He’s getting bigger though so my belly is starting to pooch out.


Water Intake: 8 glasses a day? No problem. Especially since it’s so hot outside.


Best Moment of the Week: Hanging out with friends who are all sharing the excitement of pregnancy.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Umm, which should I pick? I guess just general birth health and everything going okay.


Symptoms: Less nausea which is awesome. Nails are growing like crazy.


Sleep Quality: Pretty good. But I’ve always been a sleeper.


Food Cravings: Red meat.


What I miss: All beverages besides water. I would love another option.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Can’t wait to feel the little guy in a few weeks. That’ll be amazing. And weird.


Trying to get done before baby: Think about how we are going to organize our house and make room for baby.


John's POV: "This is especially fun for me since these two other pregnant women are two of my best friends' wives, and I get to tell them in person. Bubba in from Philly, Kyle up from San Diego. We didn't really know about Cara, until about 48 beers into the night at about 3am, when Kyle confessed. Prematurely confessed. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone. That lasted from about 2:55am until 3:25am when I stumbled into bed and started laughing uncontrollably, which was a combo that woke even a pregnant Lisa up. And then I said, 'Cara's pregnant' and kept laughing."

No comments:

Post a Comment