Friday, September 17, 2010

Today I am...19 weeks pregnant.

This past week was big. I finally told everyone at work that I was pregnant. I figured I should do it before I hit the halfway mark. And before they REALLY started talking about how fat I was getting. I have to say, everyone took it really well. I expected more a backlash (hey, it’s Hollywood) but everyone was very nice and supportive. I guess I shouldn’t have worried all of those weeks. And I told them just in time because this week I had to switch to maternity jeans. I was really holding on for dear life but I have no idea why. I mean, 19 weeks is a long time. Shouldn’t someone give me a medal or something for fitting into them for this long? Anyways, have you tried maternity jeans? They are awesome! Just jeans with an elastic waistband! Why don’t we wear these all the time? I am extremely tempted to never go back to regular jeans. Who would know? I don’t wear short shirts so my tops would easily cover up the elastic. Anyways, they are the greatest. I am currently sporting a pair from the Gap and I am very happy.


We had a quick doctor's appointment this week and here's the pic of his head.




And, for all of you lucky readers, here are my stats for the week:


How far along: 19 weeks


Baby Development: He (or she…but probably not she) is around 8 ounces and 6 inches. They say that’s the size of an heirloom tomato. Finally a vegetable I can get behind!


Baby Movement: He’s going some more little kicks but I don’t think he has really put his full weight behind any of them.


Water Intake: The work water cooler is suffering because I keep draining it.


Best Moment of the Week: Telling my producer that I was pregnant and having him tear up because he loves being a dad so much. Awww, that’s so sweet.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Will we really be able to afford a kid? In LA? If I can’t work? Who knows.


Symptoms: I got some serious round ligament pain this week. I think it’s just my belly swelling in size but it is enough to make you pause and double over in pain.


Sleep Quality: I have a feeling it’s only going to get worse.


Food Cravings: An egg mcmuffin from McDonald’s sounds so good right now.


What I miss: Not my jeans!


What I’m Looking Forward to: I need to buy some maternity wear I suppose.


Trying to get done before baby: I should really put all of those old photos in photo albums rather than have them sit in the garage.


John's POV: "Meanwhile, I told my work 5 weeks ago. In those 5 weeks, I thought she was being silly for not bringing it up, but I grew to understand it. And I sympathize. It's all congrats and cigars for the papas-to-be. For mamas-to-be, they can be seen by a pragmatist as a cog that needs replaced. And that can be inconvenient. And in an industry that coddles those that cannot be concerned with the inconveniences of real life, Lisa felt a real fear. Luckily there are as many kind-hearted and generous people in Hollywood as there are scumbags. And Lisa was surrounded by a lot of them on this gig, which was a blessing. P.S. that skull ultrasound freaks me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment