Friday, July 2, 2010

Today I am...8 weeks pregnant.

I’m in the thick of the first trimester now. The nausea hits me right about when I get out of my morning shower. Of course, then I’ve got about an hour commute ahead of me. I’ve got a routine down though in order to ensure a vomit-free car ride. I bring with me one glass of iced water and one bag of dry cereal. Then by nibbling on the cereal and sipping on the water all drive, I make it. I wobble from the parking garage to the office and then usually have to immediately eat breakfast to really make the nausea go away. The best breakfast to shut down that nausea? Breakfast burrito. Yum. Man, there is something about eggs that are really helping me get through this. The other time of day I get nauseous is at night, about an hour or two after I get home. The best food to help me get through that time? Yup, you guessed it, scrambled eggs. Or usually I just give up and go to bed and hope that I can’t sense nausea while asleep.



Here’s what’s going on this week:


How far along: 8 weeks


Baby Development: The email updates say that he’s the size of a kidney bean but I prefer gummy bear. Only because gummy bears are INFINITELY more tasty than kidney beans. Obviously. He’s got webbed fingers and toes but I’m hoping that works itself out over the next few months.


Baby Movement: Well, he’s the one causing my nausea but I’m not sure what kinds of moves he’s doing to cause it.


Water Intake: John, I told you I’m drinking water!


Best Moment of the Week: Attending my nephew’s baptism. Man, he is a cute little guy.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Being prepared for this giant change in our lifestyle.


Symptoms: I think I already mentioned the nausea. See above.


Sleep Quality: Still sleeping through the night. I haven’t been hit with all this peeing every hour thing.


Food Cravings: Did I mention I love eggs? At least it’s not chocolate bars.

What I miss: Enjoying time after work with John without ending up curled up in a ball, nauseous.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Going to Harrisburg next week.


Trying to get done before baby: More BBQs, pool parties, fun.


John's POV: "I will say that the dry cereal she's speaking of, Kashi's Oat Flakes and Blueberry Clusters, is as delightful as its name is boring. That stuff rocks. But breakfast burritos are saving the day. I'm going to start presenting them to Lisa with a cape. I'd wear the cape. And then fashion a cape for the burrito out of a napkin or something. Naturally."

No comments:

Post a Comment