Friday, July 9, 2010

Today I am...9 weeks pregnant.

Well, this was a big week for us. Last weekend we flew to Harrisburg to visit John’s parents and sister and husband. We were always planning on flying there for the long 4th of July holiday weekend. We wanted to see his family and it was our last chance to see Joelle and Owen before they moved to Germany and had a baby! When we found out we were pregnant, we decided we would take this opportunity to tell them in person because their reactions would be so great. Even though it was a little early, it was so fantastic to get to see John tell his parents and sister. He sprung the news by waiting until Joelle was talking about her weekly pregnancy emails and then said that “Lisa is getting those too”. I think it took a minute for the news to settle in but when it did, the reaction was priceless. Tears all around…and then John’s mom saying “She knew it.” Well, that was a reaction we weren’t expecting. We thought everyone would be shocked. Turns out she had a dream a few weeks before where I was pregnant. This isn’t the first time that the woman has had ESP but, still, I was surprised. That’s a damn powerful gift. So when she said she dreamt that Joelle is having a girl and I am having a boy, I believe her. Of course, it helps that I also think I’m having a boy, but that’s just amazing.


And, now for the stats:


How far along: 9 weeks


Baby Development: The lil’ one is the size of a grape. I love grapes! And they’ve been so good in the store right now…how appropriate. They say he/she is starting to look more and more human but, as I check out the illustrations on my emails, I’m not so sure.


Baby Movement: A dancing grape? Maybe. If so, I certainly can’t feel it.


Water Intake: Even with my hatred of water, I am managing the 8 glasses a day. And I haven’t forgotten my prenatal vitamins.


Best Moment of the Week: Definitely telling John’s family. It’s so fun to share such joyful news! And I’m so happy the two cousins will be close in age.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: All of them really. Gaining too much weight in pregnancy…but what’s “normal” anyways? Stupid newsletters.


Symptoms: Definitely feel bloated and am definitely overly emotional. Nausea is pretty predictable…in the morning and later at night.


Sleep Quality: Nothing to complain about.


Food Cravings: Eggs. As usual. This is getting boring.


What I miss: Not having to eat breakfast for fear I’d be sick. Ahh, I remember the days of just a nice leisurely latte in the morning.


What I’m Looking Forward to: The end of the first trimester.


Trying to get done before baby: So many house repairs to do.


John's POV: "I think Mom was still pretty shocked. Probably more by her own powers of prediction."

No comments:

Post a Comment