Monday, May 2, 2011

Jack - 1 point. Us - big fat ZERO.

Well, so far, Jack is winning the bottle war. As instructed, the first day I stayed in a different room while John tried to feed him a bottle. I heard crying for an hour and fifteen minutes and it was painful. But I'm sure nothing compared to what John had to go through. After struggling for that long time, he finally gave up. Jack won. That stubborn, stubborn baby. I haven't seen that kind of stubbornness since...well, since me and my husband. He's fought the bottle every morning since. Though at this point he'll at least let it go in his mouth without screaming. But he still refuses to suck on it. Just sort of plays with it with his tongue and gums. He knows there's milk in there because it drips in his mouth, but no sucking still. Every bottle, every nipple, same outcome. So, the fight continues...

He seems pretty proud of himself....


4 comments:

  1. You could just wait until he's 6 months, and give him milk in a sippy cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know about getting him to drink from a bottle, but that's a great smile.

    ReplyDelete