Saturday, May 7, 2011

Today Jack is...11 weeks old.



This week I got to learn how hard it is to take care of baby when you yourself are sick. I came down with a nasty flu on Thursday and I just felt terrible. And you know what? Any sickness is ten times more unbearable when you have to take care of a baby. I know this will happen about a billion more times in his life and I'm already not looking forward to it.

Ever since the little guy's vaccinations (or maybe that's just a coincidence) he has slept even worse than usual. His normal routine has become: sleep in a moving swing from 10pm to 1am, then nurse, then sleep in my arms for about 90 minutes at a time with breastfeeding in between. Doesn't make for a lot of restful sleep for Mom but that's all he'll stand for at this point.



This week he got so much better at grabbing things. He'll grab the rings that hang off his toys and his rattles. He's also really discovered how awesome his hands and fists are. And how delicious they taste in his mouth.



Jack's been getting some quality time with daddy. He doesn't get home from work until after 11pm so he makes the most of every morning with the little guy. And it makes for some cute father son pics.







And now, here are some more pictures from the week. Lots of smiles!












3 comments:

  1. We just had a sleep consultant over this past week to help us with Sophia - I think it was a life changing visit. If you are interested her website is gotosleepbaby.com. She also does phone consults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick and that Jack's been having a hard time since his vaccinations. I hope that you're feeling better and get a chance to enjoy your first Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rough week, I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete