Friday, September 9, 2011

Five for Friday: Things I'd Like to Learn



My top 5 things I'd like to learn:

(though let's be honest...I probably never will)

5. Another language
I'd like to be fluent in another language. Ideally Italian though, for practical reasons, it should probably be Spanish.

4. Self control around ice cream
I just can't seem to say no to ice cream. Why does it taste sooo good?!

3. How to sew
Just the basics. I mean, I don't even know if I could sew a button back on some pants. Though I think I could if I just threaded the needle through the holes over and over and over again.

2. HTML or website skills
I have no idea how to do html code or anything more than super basic blogging stuff. I wish I had way more knowledge to make this site more customized.

1. How to keep plants alive
I don't know what's wrong with me. Indoor plants, potted herbs, outdoor mini-trees...they all die. I over water, I under water, I ignore, I just kill them. John says I should invest in fake plants but I won't do it.

What would you like to learn?

5 comments:

  1. Agreed on all counts, except #2. I've just accepted the fact that I have no self control around ice cream. I can only manage by not keeping it around, but when it's around, I pretty much relinquish all control!

    And, apparently, I can actually sew more than I thought, I guess I've been learning by osmosis without knowing. Now I just need to actually work on making some things! So I'll switch mine to learning how to sew things I want to wear...

    Happy Friday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. How to make perfect pie crust.
    4. How to sew (Dan offered to buy me a sewing machine for my birthday - I just need to find the time to actually get it and learn how to use it)
    3. Japanese (this is probably never going to happen)
    2. How to drive all around DC without the GPS (also probably never going to happen)
    1. How to play more than 3.5 songs on the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5. surf
    4. chess
    3. knife skills
    2. bake yeast bread
    1. garden

    self control around ice cream? like those people who "just want a bite" of dessert. liars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5. Grow food
    4. Design interiors: My house looks like a monk lives there with its terrible lack of pattern and color.
    3. Knit
    2. Another language
    1. Use manual mode on my camera

    ReplyDelete
  5. manual mode on your camera is a good one kelly! i almost put use photoshop because that program confuses me like crazy. i don't know why i can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete