Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today Jack is...29 weeks old.



Another exciting week in our household. Ha! Just kidding. We did our usual nap, eat, play at home routine. But it's exciting for me because Jack seems to be more animated every week. He's starting to be able to "play" and it's adorable. This week he discovered his soccer ball and I have to say, it's been awesome playing with him and the ball. He is so into it. I help him kick it and he giggles in delight. And he'll lay on the floor and tackle it as I roll it to him over and over again.





Yesterday it really struck me, as he was lying there on the rug, just how small he still is. He looks minuscule on the rug.



The adventures in eating continue. He is still a great lover of rice cereal and oatmeal. He will tolerate fruits. But you try to give the little guy vegetables and he cries his head off. Especially green vegetables. The only way I can get him to eat them is to sneak them in with the cereal. Though he often times still notices and gives me the evil eye like "listen, lady, I know what you're doing." He still has zero interest in solid finger foods though I try to offer him something every day. Jack's tried to grab the spoon from me on a couple of occasions with varying success. He knows to put it to his mouth which is great but unfortunately his hand-eye coordination isn't quite mature yet. That means that he usually pokes himself in the eye or smears the food all over his forehead.



He has gotten pretty good at sitting and it's just crazy that this is my little baby. He looks like such a big boy when he sits up.



John's mom arrived in town a few days ago which means a week of help with the little guy. Maybe even a date or two for Jack's mom and dad? Can't wait. In the mean time, she's already taken over some of the nap duties.



Though he still likes to fall asleep on my lap and I don't mind one single bit. I mean, look at that little face. Ridiculous.



And now, more pics from the week!


I like to call this "tan lines".


He is definitely more interested in his toys these days






Funniest face ever.








Me and my boy

3 comments:

  1. Wow! He is so cute!! Can't wait to come home again! On the mommy front...I see you cut your hair! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just OD'd on cuteness... by the way, my yoga instructor today looked just like you!! (And by that I mean "hot blonde") She pretended not to notice when I just lay there instead of doing plank pushups.

    ReplyDelete