Friday, December 2, 2011

Five for Friday: Christmas Movies


My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies:

5. White Christmas
I'm a sucker for musicals and this one is all about Christmas. How could I not love it?

4. The Ref
I LOVE this movie. I'm sure no one has seen it but it is funny, clever, and awesome. I just wish it was on TV more.

3. Scrooged
Bill Murray classic. I already Tivo-ed it last week so it's waiting for me one of these lovely holiday nights.

2. It's a Wonderful Life
Classic. Obviously.

1. Home Alone
This movie has grown on me every year that I've watched it. It's just such a great mix of everything - fun, sincerity, cuteness, and great music.

5 comments:

  1. YES.

    Awesome post - and on your birthday, too! Happy birthday, Lisa!!!

    Here are mine:
    5. The Miracle on 34th Street (original version!)
    4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    3. The Bishop's Wife
    2. Love Actually
    1. White Christmas

    And I also love The Ref. In fact, I own it - on VHS because I've had it forever.... (I also have Home for the Holidays on VHS, which is also a much-overlooked holiday film that's actually pretty good. Did we see that together in the theater?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Yay!

    I think I only have two: Love Actually and Elf. I should probably see White Christmas since I love that album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your birthday?? Happy Birthday to you!! Have a wonderful day xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy birthday! what a great 5 for friday on your bday! it's hard to narrow this down. i want to add the cartoons/claymation (grinch, charlie brown, rudolph) but don't think i can put them ahead of these:

    5. all i want for christmas (sure, a holiday film shot in 6 weeks during an LA summer, but my family watches it every year and i have the signed ethan RANDALL promo from when i was 12)
    4. elf (sure, bad third act, but there are lines that make me laugh just thinking about them any time of year)
    3. home alone (totally agree with your assessment)
    2. miracle on 34th street (makes me so happy, but just doesn't have the dance numbers of...)
    1. white christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miracle on 34th St. almost made my list. And info enjoy Love Actually though I never seem to remember it, you know? And t, I think we did see Home for the Holidays together. Great movie!

    ReplyDelete