Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Day at the Beach (and Happy Birthday Aunt Leslie!)

 

This past Tuesday we met Aunt Leslie down at Venice Beach to celebrate her birthday. Jack LOVES the beach and hasn't been since last summer so he was pretty excited to go see the "waves and sand". I don't personally love the beach but his sheer joy at having the waves hit his legs was enough to make me have a good time. He was a little tentative at first, trying to figure out just how brave he could be.

   

 But soon he went charging down towards the waves (and I mean CHARGING at full speed), ready to get wet.

 



He was really cute.  Brave, but not too crazy.  It was cold and the waves were big so he would only go up to about his knees.  After a few big waves knocked him over, he insisted upon holding my hand every time a wave was coming.  It was pretty adorable.  

Jack was, of course, happy to see his Aunt Leslie and wish her a happy birthday.  

 

 And I had a great time with my boy!

 

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to have you and Jack at the beach for my birthday! Thank you for coming!

    ReplyDelete