Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sam's 4 month doctor's visit


This is much delayed but about 10 days ago Jack had his 4 month doctor's visit!  The little guy checked out pretty good.  She was impressed with his head and core strength (and his continuous efforts to sit up) and was charmed by his smiles.  

She was less impressed with his weight gain.  It wasn't alarming or anything but he didn't gain that much.  In fact, he followed the exact downward curve that Jack did.  Of course, in the next month, Jack's 4th to 5th month, he lost weight so we are just trying to prevent that with Sam.  After I said that I thought that my milk supply might be dwindling, she suggesting supplementing a tiny bit of formula.  If this had been my first kid I would have balked but, instead, I was like, "sure, whatever."  So now I try to give him a bottle of formula after his last nursing session before bed.  It hasn't gotten us any more sleep but I am hoping it is helping his weight gain.  

Anyways, here are his stats!

Length - 25.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight - 13 pounds, 10 ounces (30th percentile)

No comments:

Post a Comment