Friday, August 27, 2010

Today I am...16 weeks pregnant.

This week I had my blood drawn for my 2nd trimester blood screening. It’ll be combined with our 1st trimester results which were pretty good so I’m hoping for good news. But you never know. I do know that I still don’t like needles and needles don’t like me. I have very hard veins to get to and therefore it’s a bunch of trial and error.


This week I had to start sleeping with a full body pillow, loaned to me by my sister. And I have to say it’s the best thing I’ve ever gotten. Having to sleep on my side now, it’s so helpful being able to hug this big pillow. I can only imagine it’ll be invaluable as time goes on.


And here’s what’s happening with the stats this week:


How far along: 16 weeks


Baby Development: Today’s vegetable is the avocado! He’s the size of an avocado which is great because it’s reminds me of guacamole and hey, do you want to go grab some Mexican? He also starting to grow that little downy hair that he’ll be covered in for the duration.


Baby Movement: Not really. They tell me I should start feeling fluttering soon.


Water Intake: I am doing it! Against my will, having lots of water.


Best Moment of the Week: Attending a little baby brunch for Stacey who is getting closer and closer to delivering her baby girl!


Current baby/pregnancy worry: I’m hoping my work doesn’t completely freak out when they find out I’m pregnant and have to leave this movie early.


Symptoms: Feeling pretty good actually.


Sleep Quality: Oddly, I can’t sleep past 4am. Not sure if it’s dreams or discomfort, but I am awake at 4am every night.


Food Cravings: Yogurt and granola


What I miss: Definitely miss sleeping like a rock, sans dreams.


What I’m Looking Forward to: the Emmys are next weekend which means more red carpet fashion!


Trying to get done before baby: It seems so far away at this point I’m not feeling a huge urge to get stuff done.


John's POV: "Meanwhile, the male counterparts of the brunching ladies had their own guys' afternoon out. As one of the boys, Jay, was the sole keeper of the child for those brunch hours, we had to seek out a baby-friendly bar. Not surprisingly, LA has a lot of baby-friendly taverns. This bodes well for my future Frasier Crane parenting style where daily I will duck into a local watering hole with a newborn tucked inside a Moby Wrap for a quick one."

No comments:

Post a Comment