Friday, September 3, 2010

Today I am...17 weeks pregnant.

This week marked the first time that I felt definite fluttering. It’s such a bizarre feeling. Or maybe not. In fact, it feels like an upset stomach or gas. Just that it happens all the time. But it certainly makes this whole pregnancy thing very real. Still wake up most days and say, “I can’t believe I’m pregnant”.

I’m still undercover at work and, while I assume I look giant, I don’t think anyone thinks anything of it. I have to wear loose shirts so I’ve ditched the tube tops I usually wear to work. (That’s a joke.)


And here are the current stats:


How far along: 17 weeks


Baby Development: He (or she…yeah right) is as big as a turnip. He’s currently developing baby fat. Or, knowing my gene pool, a lot of baby fat.


Baby Movement: Fluttering I think. Such a great and crazy feeling.


Water Intake: People must think I’m a camel at work.


Best Moment of the Week: Hosting my friend Lizzielu who was in town from London. So lovely hanging out with Liz and Phil. They are a delight.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Will the baby be healthy? I sure hope so.


Symptoms: Nothing too bad. Feel much better than I did a few weeks ago.


Sleep Quality: It’s starting to get uncomfortable to sleep now which is a bummer because I usually sleep so well.


Food Cravings: Mexican food, always.


What I miss: My morning cups of coffee. But I still enjoy the smell. Going to start drinking decaf lattes soon I think.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Looking pregnant rather than bloated.


Trying to get done before baby: More outings, concerts, restaurants.


John's POV: "I don't know what more has to happen for Lisa to not wake up and look at me and say 'I can't believe I'm pregnant.' I don't know what week it will be when it really sets in if it hasn't already. I will set the over-under at 28 weeks. I think it'll be the third trimester before she really believes she's pregnant, or believes it enough so that she doesn't have to hear herself say it out loud."

No comments:

Post a Comment