Friday, October 15, 2010

Today I am...23 weeks pregnant.

This week was super quiet. Not much to report on the pregnancy front. I’ve always been a super heavy, great sleeper but that skill is dwindling I’m afraid. It’s due to being forced to sleep on my side. Inevitably I wake up in the middle of the night on my back and freak out because I’m not supposed to be on my back. So back to my side I go. Or, more often, John pokes me in the middle of the night and says “you’re on your back”. To which I reply with a grumpy grunt and roll to my side.


I’ve been getting a little more tired at night but nothing alarming. During the day I am having sciatic pain. Before I was pregnant, I had heard the term but didn’t really know what it was. Now I do. A serious pain in your very low back. Okay, more like pain right above your butt. It hurts though. I find that the only thing I can do it kind of adjust myself in my office chair and cross my legs a certain way. The internet also recommends getting on all fours on the floor but, guess what? It would look a little weird if any of my 300 person crew came walking into my office to find me on my hands and knees on the ground. So I suffer through it.


And now, ladies and gentlemen, the stats:


How far along: 23 weeks


Baby Development: The little guy is a large mango which is fine except that I don’t particularly like mangoes.


Baby Movement: Yup. He’s kicking me a bit though I’m hoping he’s not a soccer player.


Water Intake: That’s the one pregnancy guideline I’m following.


Best Moment of the Week: Pretty much just hanging out with John. He’s been the best pregnancy partner ever.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Sometimes I have nightmares about worst case scenarios but I tried to remain positive.


Symptoms: Sciatic and back pain.


Sleep Quality: If you’d let me sleep on my back it’d be great!


Food Cravings: Steak.


What I miss: The time of my life when I didn’t know what heartburn was.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Fall. Cooler weather, pumpkin muffins, and a month closer to Christmas!


Trying to get done before baby: John and I are toying with the idea of a babymoon but we’re just so busy. We’ll see what happens.


John's POV: "It was kind of a quiet week. I think we spent most of the time coming down from the high of finding out the gender. It's kind of another round of 'hey, everybody...' but this time the sentence finishes with 'we're having a boy' as opposed to 'we're pregnant'. The father/son thing is starting to sink in for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment