Friday, October 22, 2010

Today I am...24 weeks pregnant.

I’m smack dab in the middle of the second trimester and I have to tell you a secret…. This hasn’t been that bad. Truly! I really thought it would be worse. I’m not overly exhausted at the end of the day. Certainly no more than usual with my stressful job. I’m not sick, not having weird cramps, not getting hemorrhoids, not having terrible aversions to food. In fact, there are quite a few good things. I haven’t gotten sick with a cold or cough or flu even though everyone at my work is sick. My nails have never been longer. My hair is pretty damn thick and luscious (or so my husband tells me). My skin is clear and free of acne. So what’s everyone complaining about? Sure, I’m sure the third trimester will kick me in the ass, but right now, I’ll take it.



(Sarcastic shirt courtesy of Kelly.) Now on to the stats:


How far along: 24 weeks


Baby Development: He’s a foot long, or about an ear of corn. Mmm…corn…


Baby Movement: Definitely. Nothing crazy like my fellow 24-weekers, but he’s in there.


Water Intake: Not a problem. As long as I have a disposable cup, lots of ice, and a straw, I’m good.


Best Moment of the Week: Indulging in a prenatal massage at my house. Pure bliss for my aching back.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Is the little guy moving enough?


Symptoms: See annoying paragraph above. But I definitely still have heartburn and an achy back.


Sleep Quality: Seriously, no back sleeping? Are you sure?!


Food Cravings: Chinese Fried Rice


What I miss: Not having to stretch at my office once a day. But it does feel good when I do it.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Registering next week!


Trying to get done before baby: I really do have to sign up for all of these baby classes. Just trying to decide which ones.


John's POV: "I know there's a point where Lisa is going to have to get a hair cut that's more conducive to avoiding vomit and feces and the kung fu grip of a 1 year old, but we're going to let the hidden magic of pregnancy glamor up her lioness mane a little longer."

No comments:

Post a Comment