Friday, October 29, 2010

Today I am...25 weeks pregnant.

Week 25 is the week we crossed things off our To Do list. Big things! Like registering at Babies R’ Us and buying a new car! Yeah, it had to be done. My car was 10 years old and John’s car was 13 years old. His car had to go and, in the grand tradition of becoming parents, we bought an SUV. Well, a crossover as they like to call them now. It’s a Hyundai Santa Fe and I love it. I can’t believe that one day there will be a car seat in the back. Right now I’m being super strict about even taking a beverage in it which is somewhat funny considering that in 4 months, a little baby could be throwing up all over the place. I’ll be damned if those leather seats won’t look nice for the next 4 months though.


Registering for the baby showers was fun too. Like our wedding registry, the only way to motivate John was to give him that scanning gun. Everything is more fun with a scanner. We scanned this and that and picked out some cool things. None of those crib bedding sets because I didn’t really want something that was too matchy-matchy. And those sets really only come in pastel colors which is not my style. (And a nursery is for the mom, not the baby!) Who knows what we’ll get but it was fun.


And now for the current stats:


How far along: 25 weeks


Baby Development: The little guy is growing more hair which may account for the heartburn. Or it may be an old wives tale. The newsletter tells me he’s the size of a rutabaga but I don’t even know what that is. I just assume he’s getting bigger.


Baby Movement: Some, I can feel him more and more.


Water Intake: Oh yeah. It’s happening.


Best Moment of the Week: Realizing that I haven’t had a single cold or sniffle the entire time I’ve been pregnant. That’s rare for me.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Everything. Down’s syndrome is a popular one.


Symptoms: Hasn’t been too bad besides the heartburn. That’s why I have a bottle of Tums at work.


Sleep Quality: I hope I’m not bothering John too much. It’s been okay.


Food Cravings: The pumpkin pancakes at our local breakfast. The best pancakes I have ever had in my entire life. Topped with cinnamon butter. Yum!


What I miss: Being able to order something in a restaurant besides water. No soda, no iced tea, no wine, no cocktail. Argh!


What I’m Looking Forward to: The next time we get to hear the little guy’s heartbeat.


Trying to get done before baby: We really want to redecorate the guest room before he comes. Obviously not a priority so not sure if this a crazy nesting thing. We’ll see.


John's POV: "Since the boy announcement, it's begun. Getting stuff. There's a lot of practical stuff that a baby needs. Important stuff. Sterilized stuff. But I'd say we're operating on a 10 to 1 ratio of cute to practical. And the cute is pouring it on. Because you're not going to buy your newly pregnant friend nipple cream. You're going to get the onesie that reads 'Mommy's Little Rock Star'. Because as I've told Lisa many times already, you can't stop people from buying cute shit."

No comments:

Post a Comment