Friday, November 5, 2010

Today I am...26 weeks pregnant.

Halloween was this past week and John and I were invited to a costume party. A costume party where we had to dress up as a movie or TV character. Well, when you’re pregnant, the choices are pretty slim. After narrowing it down to Juno or Katherine Heigl in “Knocked Up”, we went with Juno. (Only because Heigl wouldn’t have required much of an outfit.) Of course, before we went, I said out loud, “I hope there are other pregnant women there because I’m sure they’ll be Juno.” Guess what? There were TWO other pregnant women there and BOTH were dressed as Juno. With BOTH of their husbands also dressed as the Michael Cera character. Poor John. Bad enough that he had to wear short running shorts. But then he had to be one of three guys wearing running shorts. Oh well. It was still fun and I think a costume success!



And now, let’s get down to business with the stats:


How far along: 26 weeks


Baby Development: He’s supposedly two pounds and has all 5 senses! Which means he can taste the deliciousness of the burrito I had for dinner. And which also means he’s probably more than two pounds.


Baby Movement: Not as much as the baby newsletters made me feel like I need. But maybe our little guy is just as mellow as us. Not like John or I are out there bike riding or doing mountain hikes.


Water Intake: Drinking like crazy and continuously filling up my cup at the work water cooler.


Best Moment of the Week: Picking out a crib for the little guy and finally having some concrete ideas about the nursery.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: If I’m getting enough nutrition with my diet. I think I am…


Symptoms: Not many really. This is a piece of cake!


Sleep Quality: As good as could be expected.


Food Cravings: Chips and salsa.


What I miss: Feta cheese. Do you know how many delicious salads and sandwiches have feta in them? Especially in LA.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Getting baby stuff!


Trying to get done before baby: One of these days I should really get a haircut.


John's POV: " I wanted to go as Nick and Carla Tortelli, since Carla was knocked up in almost every season of ‘Cheers’, but Lisa claimed no one would know who we were. Apparently because one of the most popular sitcoms of all-time was too obscure. So I joined the other prospective fathers at the party in looking like a jackass in USC running shorts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment