Monday, November 22, 2010

LA Baby Shower

This past weekend my sister was kind enough to host a little LA luncheon/shower for my local friends. We also wanted to take the opportunity to do something when John's mom was in town so she could join in the baby fun.
I am lucky enough to be friends with a super talented invitation designer, Carolyn, and she came up with a little something that perfectly fit me (and John). Casual, funny, movie-centric... pretty awesome I think.



With that invitation, my sister decided to do a school-themed shower. The tables were set with apples, fresh #2 pencils, crayons, and books. It looked fantastic.





We used bulletin boards to describe the menu which included school favorites like Mac n' Cheese, three different kinds of sandwiches, ants on a log, salad, and brownies, and an old family favorite, puppy chow. Delicious!




I'm not big on games but we needed an activity so I decided to have each guest paint a small little canvas that I could use to decorate the nursery. While people balked and said they weren't artistic, they all turned out fantastic! I was super impressed.



I got a ton of amazing baby gear, cute outfits, and am so grateful for everyone that could make it. I had a great time.



No comments:

Post a Comment