Friday, December 3, 2010

Today I am...30 weeks pregnant.

A big week for the Trickster household. I turned 32 years old and John and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary. (10 years of dating, not marriage.) Ten years is a long time. A LONG time and a lot has happened. I’ve certainly changed since he met me at age 21. And now I’m 32. Might be considered old in some towns to start a family but, luckily, in LA, and especially in the film business, everyone is acting like I am shockingly young to be pregnant. It’s nice never to have felt any pressure. That being said, talk to me in 13 years when we’ve got a teenager and I’m in my mid-40s and exhausted and wishing I was younger. But, truly, I am glad this is happening now. John and I got to do a lot of amazing things and take a lot of fantastic trips. And I can’t wait to be a parent with him and see him become a father.


Enough of the mushy stuff, here are this week’s stats:


How far along: 30 weeks


Baby Development: It’s getting a little crowded in there but I think he still has room for kicking and rolling. Especially since he’s kicking me in all my internal organs.


Baby Movement: Plenty.


Water Intake: I’m trying. Straws definitely help.


Best Moment of the Week: Having my father-in-law and husband build the little one’s crib. It looks great and I’m so glad they got to do it together.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Just a general worry about his health, from newborn on up to about 4 years.


Symptoms: More heartburn and so many aches and pains. Maybe from sitting in my office chair for too many hours.


Sleep Quality: It’s okay. Getting up about once a night.


Food Cravings: my homemade turkey chili


What I miss: Nothing. It was a great week with family.


What I’m Looking Forward to: The holidays...a nice quiet Christmas at home.


Trying to get done before baby: Clean out the garage so it’s actually usable.


John's POV: “With us working most of the time and leaving my parents to their own devices, it was tough to keep the old man from assembling every piece of nursery furniture that was in a holding pattern in the garage. I was lucky he waited for me. And it definitely meant more getting to assemble it with him. As far as Lisa’s birthday, I got her a lovely assortment of gifts, but what she got me in return was the best: for our 'anniversary', (dating, not marriage) she framed the 'Songs: Ohia' poster I took off the wall at Spaceland during our first date. I don’t know how I held onto it as long as I did, but it was a lovely token of the distance we’ve come to where we are now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment