Friday, December 24, 2010

Today I am...33 weeks pregnant.

This week was my first week not working and it was glorious. I didn’t realize how hard it had been getting to work all those hours. But it was nice to take it easy and be able to put my feet up for part of the day. Being off work means that my house projects begin and there are many of them. Right now it feels like there is a lot of time before baby comes but I’m not so sure.


We had our childbirth class at Cedars Sinai this week. About 12 couples with pillows and mats watching childbirth videos and hearing in detail all the things that will go on during labor. I think I knew most of the info presented but it was helpful to John. There were a lot of breathing exercises where the instructor would say “okay, a contraction is starting, now breathe through the pain.” Guess what my reaction was in the 2 minutes of silence that followed? Yeah, giggling and stifling laughter. I felt pretty bad but, come on. Of course I can breathe calmly while sitting in a warm room, fully clothed, in zero pain. How do I know how I’m going to react when I’m in the worst pain of my life? Oh well. That’s why yoga and meditation is not for me.


But the highlight of this past week was welcoming our new niece Sophia! John’s sister may have been around the globe in Berlin, but we were certainly thinking of her as we got word that her water had broken. Sounds like Joelle handled her natural childbirth like a champ and her baby girl is beautiful. Can’t wait for the cousins to be so close in age and play together.


And now for the stats:


How far along: 33 weeks


Baby Development: As big as a pineapple and losing that wrinkly alien look. (So they say).


Baby Movement: Pretty sure the little guy is doing somersaults and acrobatics.


Water Intake: Does eggnog count?


Best Moment of the Week: Meeting our new little niece Sophia over Skype!


Current baby/pregnancy worry: the latest terrible website I saw was about SIDS so that’s on my mind.


Symptoms: Heartburn. No, seriously. The worst heartburn of all time. So bad that I woke up practically choking on my own acidic vomit-type stuff. It is by far the worst pregnancy symptom I’ve had all these months.


Sleep Quality: Pretty crappy. I wish I could sleep on my back!


Food Cravings: Prime Rib


What I miss: Not having to chug Maalox once a night.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Christmas day and exchanging presents with John!!


Trying to get done before baby: Hanging the alphabet cards in the baby’s nursery.


John's POV: “Joelle was always the looker of the family. I mean, I wasn’t voted Prom King. I wasn’t even nominated. But you can already see even at 2 days that Sophia’s going to get the Prom Queen’s good looks. She is adorable.”

No comments:

Post a Comment