Friday, December 31, 2010

Today I am...34 weeks pregnant.

Getting closer and closer but, with the holidays here, it’s been a welcome distraction. We spent Christmas in LA for the first time and it was nice to celebrate, just the two of us. I suppose it’s probably our first and last quiet Christmas. I’m told by the powers-that-be that fill my email inbox every week that I should be doing my birth plan. Now, I’m generally a type A, organized nut, but writing out a birth plan just seems silly. No one has any idea how their body is going to react or what it’s going to be like so how am I qualified to write out a birth plan? It’s like saying that I’m going snorkeling in South Africa and, while I’ve never been snorkeling or to South Africa, I’d like to tell you all how it’s going to be. Of course not. I leave it up to the professionals. My tour guides. My nurses and doctor. Sure, I don’t want a c-section but, as my doctor said when I told her that, yes, of course. No one wants a c-section. I suppose I could type that out but it would be a short birth plan.




And now for the stats:


How far along: 34 weeks


Baby Development: Baby is apparently filling out and getting rounder. He weighs as much as a cantaloupe which explains my tiredness.


Baby Movement: Very pronounced and big kicks.


Water Intake: Hey, it’s the holidays. Aren’t we on a break?


Best Moment of the Week: Having John home all week and watching “Christmas Vacation” with him in honor of the holiday.


Current baby/pregnancy worry: Starting to seriously worry about actually delivering this baby. I hear it’s kind of painful.


Symptoms: My hands and finger joints are starting to ache and become all mushy. I feel like I couldn’t grab onto something really tightly. My wedding ring is getting very tight.


Sleep Quality: I’ve had better. But I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse.


Food Cravings: Everything


What I miss: Working out. Ha! Just kidding.


What I’m Looking Forward to: Being able to one day turn over in bed like a normal person.


Trying to get done before baby: Hanging some wall décor in our house that we’re been procrastinating on for 2 years.


John's POV: “LA at Christmas time is about relaxing as it can get for a city that routinely gets my bile boiling and turns my knuckles white. Definitely a holiday we’ll always remember, since we had never truly spent one alone with just each other, and probably won’t again for a long, long time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment