Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pushing the boundaries of sleep deprivation

Jack hasn't been treating us very well when it comes to nighttime sleep. He was doing a little better last week so I can only hope this is his 6 week growth spurt. But he sleeps about 2 hours, feeds, then 1 hour, feeds, then 1 hour, feeds, and then 30 minutes and that's about it. He's done around 5:30. This is slowly killing John and I because it equates to about 3 1/2 hours a night when you factor in soothing him and then trying to fall back asleep.

Oddly enough, pre-pregnancy when I was a great sleeper and got about 8 hours a night, I would have told you there's no way I could function on 3 1/2 hours. But here I am. Somewhat put together and alert all day. And John is surviving work and getting home every night at 10pm. Amazing what the human body is capable of.

It's easy to get frustrated with the little guy at 3am, but then he goes and looks all cute hours later.

1 comment: