Saturday, April 9, 2011

Today Jack is...7 weeks old.



This week I took one of my favorite pics of the little guy (above). One of the most adorable smiles I have ever seen. It's amazing how different he can look in every picture.

Well, 7 weeks old and he is still going through his 6 week growth spurt. Or I can only assume he is because he's still pretty damn fussy every day. We've been trying to take one outing a day, usually to visit his daddy at work and grab lunch, but Jack has pretty much failed these tests. When he's not screaming bloody murder in his car seat on the drive down, he's crying too loudly on a restaurant patio to continue eating. So we usually end up getting the food to go and chowing down in the car while he protests and then heading home as soon as possible. We're hoping his screaming car episodes start to wan or else we can't imagine driving all the way to San Diego. But so far he has gotten to see what a film cutting room looks like. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to be into editing as a career.



His bedtime routine seems to be helping his nighttime sleeping. Or at least his first stretch of sleeping. He'll sleep around 9:45 to 2:00 am which is awesome. I suppose I should take advantage by going to sleep when he does, but it's the only time of day I have two hands to do chores (or blog posts). Unfortunately after 2am he wakes up every hour or so. Oh well. Maybe by week 10....

The little guy's head control has been getting better and better. And, I'm not saying I deserve Mom of the Year award, but check out Jack doing tummy time. That's right. I did something the doctor asked me to. Twice.



He's still not interested in toys or rattles, though my BabyCenter weekly newsletter says he should be. Now, my gifted son can't possibly be behind the curve so the newsletter must be wrong. :)

And now, more pictures from this week!













"Look, I'm sitting! Pretty sweet, no?"


"Okay, I'm done sitting. And I spit up on mommy's silk pillow."

2 comments:

  1. That IS a great smile - though I love the tummy time photo! And can you blame Jack for not being interested in his toys or rattles when he's got his awesome mom to entertain him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the chores! Trust me, they will ALWAYS need to be done. Just go sleep, especially since he's sleeping better at night, which is when adults typically sleep better. Just leave the dishes, the blog, the dust, etc, an uninterrupted block of sleep will help you through the coming weeks/months/years of sleep deprivation, I promise you!

    ReplyDelete