Thursday, August 25, 2011

I can't believe I'm this person



So yesterday I took a tour of a preschool. Yeah, you heard me, a preschool. You may remember from earlier posts (like all of them) that my son is only 6 months old. And therefore has years to go before he will enter such a school. How in the world did this happen? I feel like I'm in a bad reality show about snobby families in Manhattan.

What happened was that I had heard about this particular preschool in our neighborhood. I'm on a local mom's message board and some of the moms were asking for recommendations for preschools and everyone said this one school was the best but that it had a two year wait list. And to quote one mom "I should have got on the waiting list when my son was in utero." Therefore, I become one of those insane parents who is talking about preschool years in advance. Ugh. I really never thought that would happen but I guess in a town like Los Angeles I shouldn't be surprised.

So I took the tour. I really didn't know what to look for as I didn't know what kind of school would be best for Jack when he's three because, well, he's barely a person right now. So I just looked at all the classrooms, pitied the poor teachers trying to wrangle 20 insane 3 year olds, and enjoyed Jack cooing and kicking in his Baby Bjorn as he delighted in all the toddlers and little kids. The things I do for this kid....

3 comments:

  1. los angeles, what a pain you are. violet's never going to get into harvard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not insane, just prepared. I have worked at a preschool for 5 years now, so email me if you wanna chat about what you saw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, did you put him on the list?

    I have to say, I'm relieved that we're probably just going to send our kids to one of the schools that's on our tuition exchange list - none of them are competitive enough to warrant me going into full dragon mom mode with school.

    ReplyDelete