Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Singing in the rain...

...and in the grocery store, and on walks, and in the airport, and on the plane, and in the Nordstrom dressing room.

Here's my typical audience of one judging my singing voice.



Before Jack was born, I never ever sang in public. Probably had something to do with me having a terrible voice. No, really. I'm not just saying that. It's bad. Awful. And I know that and accept it. It's not one of my strengths. But now that I have the little guy and I know the one sure method of soothing him is singing to him, I burst out in song all the time. Usually I don't even realize that I'm singing loudly to my son and that anyone can hear. We go on walks in the neighborhood and he starts to fuss so I have to sing. And sing the silliest camp songs ever. It's amazing how I don't care anymore. Don't get me wrong though, I won't be posting video of myself singing anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, at least all those years at camp prepared you somewhat, right? I mean, it was group singing, but still - and from what I recall, you had great enthusiasm, so I can see why Jack loves the singing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing and am surprised that I have posted videos singing.

    ReplyDelete