Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today Jack is...32 weeks old.



Another fun week with the little guy. My back hurts from bending over and helping him walk all week because that is certainly his favorite activity. He can practically pull himself up in the crib, though, he still needs a tiny bit of help from mom. He's so proud of himself though. He just lights up.






This week we went back to Travel Town to ride the miniature train (and kill some time in the afternoon). Plus we wanted to show Aunt Leslie how cool it was.





He really is having more fun that it appears in that picture. I think the problem was that it was just so darn hot. And because of the heat, we spent a lot of time in the pool. Although, sometimes not intentionally. Generally I like to dip his legs in the pool for a little while in the middle of the day. But lately he's taken to trying to jump in. He'll lean forward until his head is practically in the water and then make me let him stand on the top shelf. He'll also sit on the edge, turn at the waist and put his hands on the edge of the pool, and sort of slip in and turn around so he ends up standing facing me. It's quite ingenious. Of course, it means his clothes get all wet but I don't care. He likes it.





In other news, Jack is still napping on me. What's that you say? Try to put him down? Well, I do. But he either a) wakes up immediately or b) only sleeps for 25 minutes. And the little guy on only 25 minutes of sleep is not a happy kid. So I hold him and he'll sleep for 2 hours. Or at least he will if I periodically shush him or nurse him when he stirs. Anyways, it's silly, but, at the same time, I know he won't nap on me forever. And he's so cute. And now I get to see this face looking up at me every time he wakes up.



And now, more pics from the week!


Riding his dinosaur rocker




Trying out sitting in the bathtub for the first time






Experiencing the full blast of air conditioning in the car for the first time


He loved it




Amazed by a loud plane up in the sky

3 comments:

  1. That picture of him enjoying the A/C is so great - that's how I feel in the car in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that A/C pic!! So cute and funny...
    Wow that's amazing that he is standing and wanting to walk!!! He is so young but is obviously getting ready...how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We gotta take the boys to an airplane show sometime!

    ReplyDelete