Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Eve

 

 Well, it's been a long time since I last posted but we were busy enjoying the holidays. What a great Christmas we had and I really can't believe it's over already. We've taken down the decorations but it's time to catch up with blogging all the photos.

   

 My parents and two sisters came up to our house for the holidays and on Christmas Eve we decided to attempt an Italian tradition - the feast of the seven fishes. Let me tell you, that is a lot of seafood. Octopus salad, shrimp, tuna sashimi, baked clams, mussels, white fish, and calamari.

 

 

My sister Julie, newly back from living in Italy, was nice enough to make homemade gnocchi which was delicious.


She also made a mean tiramisu that I didn't take a picture of because I was too busy eating it. :) In between eating courses, Jack got to spend some quality time with his grandpa and grandma. He loved being flipped by grandpa and asked him to do it "again!" and again.




  

After dinner we decided to bundle up and head out to the local christmas caroling parade. Temperatures were pretty low so it required some awesome winter wear.

 

 This was the same thing we did last Christmas Eve and it was so fun to take Jack again. He was excited about going when I talked to him about it all week. But, I have to say, when we got there he was just pretty much in amazement the whole time. Wide eyed and quiet.




 

 And, just a reminder, here's what he looked like last Christmas. Same hat. :-)  Though with him all bundled up, he doesn't even look that much older...

 

 We had a really great time that night and Jack was so cute the whole time. Such a great age.

1 comment: