Sunday, November 4, 2012

Get well soon East Coast

While we are enjoying sunny weather, we are thinking of all our relatives on the east coast who are going through so much with no power and damage to their homes.  Perhaps in a move towards solidarity, our family decided to go down for the count this past weekend.  The stomach flu hit our house hard for the first time ever.  Friday Jack was acting so punky and grumpy and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  He was cuddling up to me in the afternoon and having a bottle of milk.  He suddenly sat up, turned green, and proceeded to vomit all over me.  Then he puked some more.  And then some more.  Lots of vomit pooling on the couch and in my lap.  Poor poor kid.  He had never thrown up before so he seemed scared and upset about what was happening.  Between the tiny cries of "mommy" and the reaching for a hug, it broke my heart.  Well, it broke my heart while I was trying to hold back my gag reflex because of the smell.  The poor kid was sick all day Friday.  Friday night I went to bed feeling a bit nauseous and then around 1am it hit.  I was sick all night and then felt pretty bad all Saturday.  Thank goodness that my mom was here this weekend to help me out.  John was working on Saturday so I don't know what I would have done without her.  Jack enjoyed playing with grandma and the new books she brought him all day.  Then Sunday she headed home and we appeared to be healthy.  Of course later that afternoon, John started feeling nauseous, right about the time my mom called to tell me she was throwing up.  Good times!  Sigh.  I'm sure we will all be healthy soon.  In the mean time, I'll try to enjoy the cuddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment